- Color Sign Graphic Services
- Construction Documents
- Wide Format Printers
- Wide Format Scanners
- Survey Equipment
- Support Services
Job Title: Digital Imaging Technician
Department: Digital Imaging
Reports To: Digital Imaging Operations Manager
Operates and maintains computerized equipment to produce color and monochrome digital output in accordance with customer instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Print Preparation and Output
- Review incoming work for completeness and clarity, and contact customer to obtain clarification when necessary.
- Confirm production methodology with manager and prepare order paperwork.
- Use appropriate workstation to process customer’s files according to instructions and contact manager and/or customer to report and resolve any processing difficulties encountered.
- Inspect print output during processing to verify accuracy and check for production defects affecting salability of final product, reprinting the image as necessary to produce acceptable work.
- Package finished prints for shipment or deliver to mounting and laminating technician if required.
- Perform all routine maintenance on workstations and output devices under supervision of the manager, recording all data on appropriate equipment maintenance logs where applicable.
- Perform routine housekeeping throughout the department as directed by the manager.
- Finishing, Mounting, and Laminating
- Review each incoming job with Digital Imaging Technician or manager for completeness and clarity.
- Confirm production methodology with manager and prepare applicable equipment accordingly.
- Process finished prints according to instructions and contact manager and/or customer to report and resolve any processing difficulties encountered.
- Operate all equipment according to the manufacturer’s safety standards or applicable government regulations, whichever is more stringent.
- Inspect final output during and after processing to verify proper completion and check for production defects affecting salability of final product, ordering reprints if necessary.
- Package finished prints for shipment according to standard procedures.
- Regularly perform all routine maintenance on equipment under supervision of the manager, recording such work on appropriate maintenance logs.
- Order consumable materials either directly with vendors or through the manager as directed.
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with the safe operation of all equipment, including but not limited to emergency shutdown procedures and hazard avoidance procedures, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalency certificate; one or two years’ experience in a production oriented environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to prepare work orders and write routine reports. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
Ability to perform routine arithmetic calculations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Working knowledge of Macintosh and PC platforms and leading application software including all Adobe Creative Suite products. Familiarity with Onyx RIP software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally, with the assistance of coworkers, lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk from electrical components, fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.