- Color Sign Graphic Services
- Construction Documents
- Wide Format Printers
- Wide Format Scanners
- Survey Equipment
- Support Services
Job Title: Customer Service Representative for General Sales
Department: Sales Department
Reports To: Sales Manager
Processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail, telephone, or personally (store) from customer or company employee by performing the following duties. Inside Sales CSR also performs receptionist, telephone switchboard operator, computer data entry and clerical duties as further described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders. Solicits sale of new or additional services.
• Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records, and issues discontinuance orders.
• Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation. Edits orders received for price and nomenclature.
• Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
• Writes or types order form, or enters data into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
• Records or files copy of orders received according to expected delivery date. Determines availability of stock.
• Initiates customer orders, filling out necessary information, such as customer number, shipping address, additional applicable discounts, and other pertinent information.
• Routes orders to data entry for processing.
• Computes price, discount, and shipping charges.
• Receives and checks customer complaints.
• Confers with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
• Ensures instrument rentals are billed accordingly.
• Processes orders for printed formats, conferring with the printer to ensure the order is accurately processed.
• Responsible for maintenance agreements on engineering copiers.
• Identifies sales opportunities for outside sales representatives.
• Waits on customers in the retail store; restocks prices and arranges retail store products as needed.
• Supports sales account executives in contacting customers, sending out product literature, following up on specific requests as directed.
• Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management as requested.
• Records information such as name, address, article to be repaired, or service to be rendered and reroutes inquiries to Field Service department.
• Staffs company telephone switchboard system. Answers all incoming calls, promptly and courteously, directing callers to proper persons or departments, following call to ensure prompt response and appropriate service.
• Provides a courteous, friendly and professional welcome to visitors and callers. Announces visitor’s arrival and directs them to whom they are calling.
• Develops and maintains awareness of company products and services so callers may be correctly connected to the proper person or department. Inquires of callers for information which may determine the correct call recipient.
• Tries to keep track of personnel within the company to connect in-coming callers. Takes messages from callers for unavailable personnel, correctly recording the caller’s name, company, telephone number and message. Calls personnel with messages when these are not retrieved quickly.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of PBX-style telephone system for proper operation; tests in-coming truck lines daily for clear and proper operation; promptly reports phone system problems to supervisor and phone service provider.
• Obtains name of callers and announces their call for managers who so request call screening.
DATA ENTRY AND GENERAL CLERICAL
• Enters customer orders into company computer system from written orders, customer purchase orders, or sales representative instructions; checks for accuracy of entered data with original order, directs questions to order taker for clarification or correction.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of company products and services so that orders may be accurately and quickly entered into the computer system.
• Assembles computer printed orders, comparing original orders for accuracy, directing to shipping department for filling and to (inside) sales for record keeping. Assembles orders with out of stock (backordered) items for accurate filing, retrieval shipment when goods are received.
• Assists in generating information and reports via the computer system. Develops and maintains knowledge of computer reports, proper handling of computer systems and printers, aligning computer order and printout forms correctly, etc.
• Assembles computer printed customer invoices for mailing, inspecting invoices for accurate printing, inserting in envelopes, adhering postage and organizing for mailing. Assists with company mailings. Operates mail handling and stamping equipment, maintains correct postage amounts.
• Maintains accurate and up to date customer records with invoices, orders and other information. Retrieves customer invoices and orders as requested.
• Receives, opens and distributes in-coming mail and facsimile transmissions. Assists with distribution of internal memos and messages.
• Receives package deliveries on occasion. Assists secretarial, financial and sales personnel with typing, filing, assembling and distributing reports, etc. Types labels, notes, memos and general correspondence.
• Cooperates with office and management personnel to provide the best possible service to customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from Two-year College or technical school; or six months to
One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as satiety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Customer Service and data entry knowledge preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.